TGOS (Total Green Office Solution) is a Ricoh’s solution that supports visualizing, analyzing, and minimizing the environmental impacts and costs occurring at each step of selection, use and recycle of Ricoh products and services.
To fulfill this, we assist customers continuously also in optimization of their workflows and ways to work.
Through TGOS, we Ricoh Group provide “Sustainable Offices”(*) that support customers’ knowledge management.
* [Sustainable Office]
To Ricoh, an “Office” means any place where people generate new values.
A “Sustainable Office” is an ideal workplace that meets the management’s needs from three primary viewpoints of sustainability in balanced manner.
The three viewpoints are:
- ●Environmental Sustainability
- Minimization of electricity and paper consumption, wastes and ant other elements that affect the office environment as well as environmental impacts incurred by the movement of people and materials
- ●Economical/Social Sustainability
- Generation of new values through cost reduction and productivity improvement.
Benefiting communities through creation of business continuity environments
- ●Human Sustainability
- Achieving a better work environment and a way to work which satisfy and motivate individual users while respecting their different ways to work and work-life balances
To conserve the global environment and make our society sustainable, Ricoh has set a long-term target of reducing environmental impacts resulting from the groups’ economic activities to one-eighth the fiscal 2000 level by 2050.(Click here for details)
Based on the said long-term target, Ricoh tries to minimize the environmental impacts throughout product lifecycles.
Specifically, we visualize the environmental impacts resulting from our own activities including “Procurement”, “Designing”, “Production”, “Selling” and “Servicing” of involving departments and set reduction targets for such impacts. At the same time, we encourage you to visualize the environmental impacts occurring through the use of Ricoh products at your sites. Believing that the visualization of the impacts of Ricoh products to the customer environment will bring mutual benefits to the global environment as well as the customers and Ricoh itself, we offer this environmental solution in combination with cost reduction proposals.
- Sustainability optimization starts by collecting and analyzing fleet and customer data to visualize baseline TCO, paper consumption, energy usage, CO2 emission. Based on findings, an optimization design is prepared
CO2 footprint is reduced by optimizing fleet, work processes, and user behavior, e.g. 1) fewer devices; 2) higher energy efficiency per device; 3) energy conscious usage of devices; 4) responsible use of paper
- After implementation, track actual CO2 emission vs. target, using new @Remote Green Report. In case of variances, understand root cause and recommend action to correct / replicate it. Reduction targets to be calibrated periodically
- A common method for climate compensation is investing in clean energy - by purchasing 'carbon credits'. An offset scheme is offered to Ricoh's customers, using CER's generated from Ricoh's own clean energy projects