RICOH PX FAQs - By Product
[Question] What is the Super Resolution Zoom (SR zoom) ?
Super Resolution is the feature equipped in the RICOH PX. The Super Resolution zoom (SR zoom) technology is applied in the zoom range from 140mm - 280mm (35 mm filmcamera equivalent). Super Resolution zoom captured images have minimal degradation in image quality than digital zoom.
Super Resolution zoom and Auto Resize zoomThe zoom feature priority is as follows.
- • [Digital Zoom Image] is set to [Normal] : The Super Resolution zoom always work in the zoom range from 140mm - 280mm.
- • [Digital Zoom Image] is set to [Auto Resize] : The Auto resize zoom is enabled.
Move the zoom lever to (Telephoto) for zooming.
When the zoom position reaches the tele-end in the white part (the optical zoom) in the zoom bar, release a finger once from the zoom lever. Moving the zoom lever again to (Telephoto) goes into the Super Resolution zoom, then moving the zoom lever more further to (Telephoto) goes into digital zoom.
Zoom bar indications
While the Super Resolution zoom is used, symbol is displayed next to the Zoom bar. The zoom ratio is displayed in green.
The zoom bar color means,
White part : optical zoom (5.0x at maximum)
Green part : super resolution zoom ( [SR] 10x at maximum)
yellow part : digital zoom ( [DZ] 48x at maximum)
Optical zoom, Super Resolution zoom, and digital zoom
(35 mm film camera
|Optical zoom||28 - 140 mm||in white||No icon|
|Super Resolution zoom||140 - 280 mm||in green||[SR]|
|Digital zoom||280 - 1344 mm||in green||[SR] / [DZ]|
* [DZ] : Digital zoom
- • SR zoom is enabled when the [Digital Zoom Image] is set to [Normal] (default) in the Setup menu.
- • If [Super Resolution] is set to [On] in the Shooting menu, the [SR] icon will be displayed even in the optical zoom range.
- • The SR zoom is unavailable in the Movie mode or Continuous Mode.
- • The SR zoom is unavailable in the following Premium shot modes.
[Cross Process], [Soft Focus], [Toy Camera], [High Contrast B&W], [Miniaturize], [Auction], and [Hand-Held Night Scn].
Date created: June 10, 2011
Date modified: --
Product: RICOH PX
Operating system: --
Category: Hardware specifications, Hardware operations
Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.