CX6 : About movie shooting.
You can shoot movies with sound.
The CX6 has the movie button separately. Pressing the movie button starts movie recording, and pressing the movie button again end recording.
Major movie specifications & functions
|Movie size||HD 1280 x 720 (30 fps) / VGA 640 x 480 (30 fps)|
|maximum recording time available per shooting||HD1280 : Approx. 12 minutes
VGA640 : Approx. 29 minutes
|Movie sound recording (Built-in microphone)||Stereo|
|Movie sound playback (Built-in speaker)||Monaural|
|File format||AVI (Open DML Motion JPEG)|
|Optical zooming while taking movies||Available (10.7 x)|
|Digital zooming while taking movies||HD1280x720 : Up to 2.8x
VGA640x480 : Up to 4.0x
|Movie dividing while shooting||Available
|Movie dividing after recording||Available|
Movie dividing while shooting
Pressing the Fn button while shooting movies can save split movies as separate files. Up to 10 times can separate with the Fn button per one time shooting.
The points where the Fn button is pressed may differ from the actual split points because the camera sets the split points in 1 second increments.
- •For shooting a movie with 1280 (1280 x 720), it is recommended the usage of SD/SDHC card with Class 6 or greater (SD Speed Class). Otherwise the movie with 1280 (1280 x 720) may not be correctly played back in the camera depending on the memory card, due to the effect of readout speed of the captured movie.
- •While shooting movies, operating sounds or operation noises of the camera may be recorded.
- •The maximum shooting time available at once depends on the size of your memory card. Even if you are within the maximum shooting time, recording may end depending on your card.
- •The maximum recording time available per shooting is up to 29 minutes (or up to 4 GB even if it will not reach 29 minutes).
- •For example; the 4 GB size limitation will be about 12 minutes when shooting movies at 1280 x 720.
- •Actual time available depends on the size of your memory card. Even if you are within the maximum shooting time, recording may end depending on your card.
- •If you shoot a fast-moving subject, it may be distorted in the recorded image.
- •If you shoot under a fluorescent light, the light flickering may be recorded as a horizontal band. In this case, use the [Reduce Fluorescent Flicker] option in the movie menu.
- •While shooting movies, the digital zoom lever can be used for optical zoom and digital zoom. Super Resolution zoom and Step zoom are not available.
- • When [Camera Shake Correction] is set to [On] in the Shooting menu, the camera shake correction is activate while recording movies.
- •The remaining recording time may not change uniformly because it is recalculated from the remaining memory capacity during movie recording.
- • You can record short time movies by setting [Snap Move] in the movie menu.
- •Depending on the remaining battery level, the battery may become depleted during movie shooting. Use of a battery with adequate remaining power.
- • The details set in the [Focus], [Image Settings], and [White Balance] options in the Shooting menu are retained when shooting movies. However, some settings will automatically changed as follows.
- • [Focus] : if it is set to [Multi AF], [Face Pri. Multi], [Subj. Tracking] , [Mult-trgt AF], the setting changes to [Spot AF].
- •[Image Settings] : if it is set to [Color], the setting changes to [Standard].
- •[White Balance] : if it is set to [Multi-P Auto], the setting changes to [Auto].
- • You cannot adjust focus manually during shooting movies even if [Focus] is set to [MF].
Date created: November 16, 2011
Date modified: December 5, 2011
Operating system: --
Category: Hardware specifications, Hardware operations
Useful LINKs:Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.