CX6 : What is the [S-AUTO] mode (Scene Auto mode) ?
In the Scene Auto mode, the camera automatically selects the optimal scene mode according to a scene.
In order to take a picture in the Scene Auto mode, turn the model dial to the [S-AUTO] mode.
If the camera is unable to select a scene in the S-AUTO mode, the camera will take a picture with the following settings.
- •Focus: Multi AF
- •Exposure: Multi AE
- •White balance: Multi-pattern auto
The following modes can be selected by the camera.
Use when taking portrait pictures.
The camera automatically detects the face of the subject, and adjusts focus, exposure, and white balance.
|Sports||Use when taking pictures of moving object.|
Use when taking portrait pictures against a nightscape.
The flash fires automatically. The shutter speed slows down, so be careful of camera shake.
|Landscape||Use when taking scenery pictures with abundant greenery or blue sky.|
Use when shooting night scenes. In nightscape mode, the flash fires when all the following conditions are satisfied:
• The flash is set to [Auto].
• The flash is determined to be necessary because it is dark.
• There is a figure or another object nearby.
|Macro mode||Use when taking a close-up picture. (Macro mode is not included in the SCENE mode, but the camera will set the macro mode automatically when there is an object nearby.)|
- •The available shooting settings in the S-AUTO mode are as follows.
- •Flash ([Off] or [Auto] is selectable.)
- •Self-Timer ([Off] or [10 Sec.] is selectable.)
- •Digital zoom / Super Resolution zoom
- •Picture Quality / Size
- •Date imprint (On / Off)
- •[Noise Reduction] is fixed to [Auto].
- •See the FAQs below for the limitations on the S-AUTO mode.
*1 : Nightscape mode
The Nightscape mode is available only in the Scene Auto mode. The flash in this mode will work only when the all conditions below are met;
- • The flash is set to [Auto]
- • The flash is determined to be necessary because it is dark.
- • There is a figure of another object nearby.
Date created: December 5, 2011
Date modified: --
Operating system: --
Category: Hardware specifications, Hardware operations
Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.