CX5 FAQs - By Product
[Question] What is the [Pets] in the SCENE mode ?
With this mode, the flash, AF auxiliary light, and operation sounds are turned off to avoid frightening a pet. And this mode has face recognition feature that the camera will automatically detect a cat's face(s) of which face the front of the camera.
If a face(s) of a cat is detected, the camera will focus on the face(s) preferentially.
When a face is recognized, a blue frame appears in the size that the camera detects the face. And then when pressing the shutter release button half way, the frame for the face that the camera is recognizing will be displayed in green. The maximum number that the camera detects faces is up to 3 frames.
With the Pets Mode:
- • The camera will not beep.
- • Flash mode cannot be selected even if pressing the ADJ./OK button toward the Flash .
- • Even in the Self-timer mode, the self-timer lamp and beep indicator are disabled.
The Pets Mode is located in the SCENE mode.
For the SCENE mode operations, see the FAQ below.
The camera may not be able to recognized faces in the following cases:
- •When the face is side-view, tilted, or moving. Or sleeping face
- •When the camera is tilted or upside down (the shutter release button is facing down)
- •When the face is partially hidden or at the edge of the frame
- •When the face is not clearly visible because of dark surroundings
- •When the subject is too far away (Make sure that the face appearing in the picture display is vertically longer than 1 block marked by the 3 x 3 grid guide.)
Date created: February 18, 2011
Date modified: --
Operating system: --
Category: Hardware specifications
Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.