CX5 FAQs - By Product
[Question] About the Continuous mode (Normal Continuous, M-Cont Plus, and Speed Cont).There are three types of continuous shooting available - Normal continuous shooting, M-Cont Plus (10M) (2M), and Speed Cont (Low) (High).
In order to take continuous shooting, turn the mode dial to the Continuous mode , and press the MENU button to show options. Choose a continuous mode from the displayed options as follows.
|Normal Continuous Mode||
This is the normal continuous mode. Pictures continue to be taken for as long as you hold down the shutter release button. Images are recorded one at a time, just as in normal shooting.
The maximum number of images that can be shot in continuous mode is 999. But it will vary depending on the image size setting.
A captured image is recorded as a JPEG file per an image.
|M-Cont Plus (10M)||The camera takes pictures while the shutter release button is pressed, but only the last 15 frames (about the last 3 seconds of shooting at the minimum) from when you remove your finger from the shutter release button are recorded. The frames are saved as a single MP file *1.|
|M-Cont Plus (2M)||The camera takes pictures while the shutter release button is pressed, but only the last 26 frames (about the last 0.9 seconds of shooting) from when you remove your finger from the shutter release button are recorded. The frames are saved as a single MP file *1.|
|Speed Cont (Low)||This mode allows you to record 120 consecutive images in the (approx.) 2 seconds (60 frames per second) from when the shutter release button is pressed. The consecutively shot still images are grouped together as a set and are recorded as a single MP file *1.|
|Speed Cont (High)||This mode allows you to record 120 consecutive images in the (approx.) 1 second (120 frames per second) from when the shutter release button is pressed. The consecutively shot still images are grouped together as a set and are recorded as a single MP file *1.|
*1 : MP file (Multi-Picture file)
It is a file format that records multiple still images as one file. You can export specific frames from an MP file and save it as separate still images (JPEG files) in the camera.
- • Flash becomes OFF.
- • The camera shake correction function cannot be used in Continuous mode. If you turn the mode dial to Continuous mode while the camera shake correction function is enabled, the camera shake correction icon disappears from the picture display.
- • In Continuous mode, the focus, exposure value, and white balance are fixed.
- • ISO sensitivity will become higher than those in normal shooting.
- • Flickering may be recorded as horizontal bands when pictures are taken under fluorescent lights.
- • When [Card Sequence No.] is set to [On], and the last 4 digits of the file number exceed "9999" during continuous shooting, a separate folder is created in the SD memory card and successive pictures taken in continuous mode are stored in this folder.
See each FAQ for the details.
Date created: January 27, 2011
Date modified: February 18, 2011
Operating system: --
Category: Hardware specifications, Hardware operations
Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.