CX5 FAQs - By Product
[Question] Can I shoot at set intervals? If so, what intervals can I set?Interval shooting is available. You can set the shooting interval between five seconds and one hour in increments of five seconds. During the interval shooting, a still image (JPEG) is taken every time the fixed interval elapses.
- •Interval shooting settings are cleared when the camera is turned off.
- •The time until the next picture can be taken according to the shooting menu setting may be longer than the time set for interval shooting. In this case, the shooting interval becomes longer than the set time.
For the interval setting, go to the [Interval Shooting] in the Shooting menu.
With the screen below, push [ADJ./OK] button
to choose the [Interval Shooting], and then push to the right
Time setting screen will appear like below.
Push the [ADJ./OK] button to choose the time.
Then push to move the cursor to the minutes, or seconds setting. As well, push to set the minutes, or seconds. The [Sec.] can be set by 5 minutes.
Pushing and holding the button will allow to raise or lower the minutes value.
Press the [ADJ./OK] button. The [Interval] will appear in the screen.
- •Depending on the remaining battery level, the battery may become depleted during interval shooting. Use of a battery with adequate remaining power is recommended.
- •If you press the shutter release button during interval shooting, the camera shoots as as usual. However, the interval shooting setting is unaffected. After shooting, once the time specified in interval shooting elapses, the next shot is taken.
- •An SD memory card with enough free space, or a high speed memory card is recommended.
- •Interval shooting is not available when [Focus] is set to [Multi-trgt AF].
- •Interval shooting is not available for the Movie mode, the S-AUTO mode, or the Continuous mode. In the SCENE mode, this function is available with Discreet mode only, and unavailable with other scene modes than those.
- •When a shooting interval is set, the self-timer setting or Subject Tracking AF setting is disabled.
- •For available shooting modes with [Interval], see the chart in the FAQ below.
Date created: February 18, 2011
Date modified: May 31, 2011
Operating system: --
Category: Hardware specifications, Hardware operations
Useful LINKs:Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.