RICOH PX Major Specifications
|No. of effective pixels (camera)||Approx. 16.00 million|
|Image Sensor||1/2.3˝ CCD (approx. 16.40 total million pixels)|
|Lens||Focal length||5–25 mm (35 mm format equivalent: 28–140 mm)|
|F-aperture||F3.9 (wide-angle) to F5.4 (telephoto)|
Approx. 3 cm – ∞ (wide-angle), 50 cm – ∞ (telephoto) or 3 cm – ∞ ("Loupe")
(from the front of the lens)
|Lens Construction||13 elements in 10 groups|
|Zoom||Optical||5x (35 mm format equivalent: 28–140 mm)|
|Super resolution (SR)||2x, for a combined zoom of 10x (35 mm format equivalent: 280 mm)|
|Digital||4.8x, for a combined zoom of 48x (35 mm format equivalent: 1344 mm)|
|Auto Resize*1||7.2x, for a combined zoom of 36x (35 mm format equivalent: 1000 mm)|
|Focus Modes||Multi AF, spot AF, face-priority multi AF, subject tracking AF (contrast-detect AF / with AF auxiliary light)|
|Blur Reduction||Image sensor shift image stabilization|
|Shutter Speed *2||Photographs||8, 4, 2, and 1–1/2000 s|
|Continuous mode||Frame rate *3||Approximately 1 fps|
|Exposure Control||Metering||Multi (256 segments)/center-weighted/spot|
|Manual exposure compensation (–2.0 to +2.0 EV in increments of 1/3 EV)|
(auto mode, center-weighted metering)
|3.2-17.7EV(wide angle), 4.1-19.4EV(telephoto), (Exposure range for auto ISO calculated using values for ISO 100.)|
|ISO sensitivity (Standard Output Sensitivity)||Auto, ISO 100, ISO 200, ISO 400, ISO 800, ISO 1600, ISO 3200|
|White Balance||Auto, multi-pattern auto, outdoors, cloudy, incandescent 1, incandescent 2, fluorescent, manual|
|Flash||Mode||Auto, on, off (red-eye reduction option available in camera menus)|
|Range||Approx. 20 cm – 3.5 m (wide-angle) or 50 cm – 3.0 m (telephoto), measured using auto ISO with a maximum of ISO 1600, measured from the front of the lens)|
|Picture display||2.7˝ transmissive LCD monitor with approx. 230,000 dots|
|Shooting Mode*4||Normal, movie, premium shot (P, portrait, night portrait, hand-held night scene, party, cooking, sweets, loupe, landscape, beach, snow, sports, fireworks, auction, skew correction, pets, miniaturize, toy camera, high contrast B&W, soft focus, cross processing, black & white, sepia)|
|Image size (pixels)||Photographs||4608 x 3456, 4608 x 3072, 3456 x 3456, 4608 x 2592, 3648 x 2736, 2592 x 1944, 2304 x 1728, 1280 x 960, 640 x 480|
|Movies*5||1280 x 720, 640 x 480|
|Storage media||SD and SDHC memory cards (up to 32 GB), internal memory (approx. 40 MB); Eye-Fi cards (X2 series) supported|
|File Format||Photographs||JPEG (Exif version 2.3) *6|
|Movies||AVI (Open DML Motion JPEG compliant)|
|Compression||JPEG baseline compliant|
|Other notable shooting options||Continuous mode; self-timer with shutter release delay of approximately 10 or 2 seconds and group portrait auto release; framing grid|
|Other notable playback options||Multi-frame playback, favorites, privacy settings, resize, skew correction, image cropping, slide shows, DPOF print selection|
|Interface||USB 2.0 (High-Speed) mini-B connector, Mass Storage compatible *7, AV output 1.0 Vp-p (75 Ω), HDMI micro output terminal (type D)|
|Video Signal Format||NTSC, PAL|
|Power source||One DB-100 rechargeable battery; AC-U1 USB power adapter|
|Battery life *8||Approximately 300 shots with DB-100 (Off selected for Sleep Mode) *9|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||100 mm x 55 mm x 21.3 mm|
Approx. 156 g (includes memory card and supplied battery)
Approx. 136 g (camera only)
|Water and dust resistance||Class 8 JIS/IEC water resistance, class 6 JIS/IEC dust resistance (IP68); can be used underwater to a depth of 3 m for up to 60 minutes at a time|
|Operating temperature||0 °C to 40 °C|
- *1 VGA images only.
- *2 Upper and lower limits vary according to shooting and flash mode.
- *3 As measured by RICOH using a Panasonic PRO HIGH SPEED 8 GB SDHC class 10 memory card. Frame rate and maximum number of frames vary with shooting conditions and with the type and condition of the storage de-vice.
- *4 The options available vary with image size.
- *5 Individual movies may be up to 4 GB in size or 29 minutes in length.
- *6 Compatible with the Design Rule for Camera File System (DCF, a JEITA standard) and Digital Print Order Format (DPOF). Full compatibility with other devices is not guaranteed.
- *7 Mass Storage is supported under Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, Windows® 7, and Mac OSX 10.1.2–10.6.6.
- *8 Measured according to CIPA standard. For reference only; actual number of shots varies greatly according to how camera is used.
- *9 Approximately 320 shots can be taken when 10 seconds is selected for Sleep Mode.
- * Impact resistance measured under RICOH test conditions with the camera off and does not guarantee that data or the camera’s exterior finish will be free from damage. Do not deliber-ately drop the camera or subject it to other forms of impact.
- * Damage caused by the entry of water, dirt, sand, or other foreign matter or by salt, falls, shocks, pressure, or other non-natural causes while the cover is open is not covered under warranty.
RICOH PX Software
RICOH PX System Requirements
Windows® XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 / Professional Service Pack 3
Windows Vista® Service Pack 2
Windows® 7 32bit / 64bit
®IV : 1.6GHz or more,
Pentium ®M : 1.4GHz or more,
Core™2Duo : 1.5GHz or faster
Windows® XP : 512MB or more
Windows Vista® / Windows® 7: 1GB or more
Available disk space on hard drive
at installation time
|300MB or more|
|Display Resolution||1024 x 768 dots or greater|
|Display Colors||65000 colors or greater|
|USB Port||A USB port compatible with the above-mentioned computer|
- * When the RICOH PX is connected to a PC, only a USB connection can be used. Serial connection is not supported.
- * It is necessary for the above OS to be preinstalled and for the USB port to be standard equipment.
- * 64-bit operating systems, Windows® XP and Windows Vista® are not supported.
- * The RICOH PX is compatible with Mac OS X 10.1.2 to 10.6.6 by mass storage connection.
SD Memory Card Storage Capacity
(Number of Images and Time)
[Hand-Held Night Scn]
- * The maximum recording time is the estimated total recording time. Movies may be up to 4 GB in size or 29 minutes in length.
- * A Speed Class 6 memory card is recommended when recording movies with [HD 1280] selected for [Movie Size].
- * The maximum number of consecutive shots that can be taken using continuous mode is 999. When the number of remaining shots is 1000 or more, "999" is displayed on the picture display.
- * The number of remaining shots displayed on the picture display may differ from the actual number of shots, depending on the subject.
- * Movie recording time and the maximum number of still pictures may vary depending on the capacity of the recording destination (internal memory or SD memory card), shooting conditions, and the type and manufacturer of the SD memory card.
- * Choose image size according to how the picture will be used.