Recent Press Releases
Ricoh releases GR World application for iPhone/iPad
One-touch viewing of GR Digital photos from around the world
Tokyo, Japan, December 9, 2010—Ricoh Co., Ltd. (president and CEO: Shiro Kondo) today announced the December 9 release of the English version of GR World, a specialized application for iPhones and iPads. This application enables you to extract images that were taken with a GR Digital camera and that were uploaded to Flickr, and then view those images on an iPhone or iPad. The application can be downloaded free of charge from the App Store within the iTunes Store or from the iPhone/iPad App Store.
GR users throughout the world are photographing diverse scenes and moments and publishing the resulting images on Flickr. With GR World, you can easily view those images and enjoy them in slideshows, regardless of time and place. It is also possible to specify photo genres and bookmark your favorite photos for viewing them together.
It is our hope that GR World will be utilized not only by GR users but by many other photo lovers as well since it can serve both as a digital photo frame and as a tool for easily enjoying photos in your spare moments anytime and anywhere.
<GR World Features>
- The slideshow starts with just one tap of the icon.
- You can specify the genre of the photos viewed (eight genres: macro, portraits, etc.).
- You can select from four slide show effects.
- Favorite photos can be easily bookmarked, and favorites can be viewed as a group.
- It is bilingual English-Japanese application
* In case of setting language other than Japanese on your iPhone or iPad, it is downloaded in English automatically.
GR World screen images
Recommended operating environment for GR World
|Compatible models|| iPhone 3G/3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (3rd generation or later), iPad
*For iPad and iPod touch, a net connection environment is necessary.
|OS||iPhone, iPod touch･･･iOS 4.0 or later, iPad･･･OS 3.2 or later|
GR World URL
About GR Digital
Ricoh introduced the GR Digital compact digital camera in 2005. Attracting strong support from many fans, especially among professional and top amateur users, it has had a long product life, evolving with the subsequent release of the GR Digital II (2007) and GR Digital III (2009) models.
- *iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.
- *iTunes Store, App Store, and iPod touch are trademarks or registered trademarks of Apple Inc.; they have been registered in the United States and other countries.
- *Flickr is a trademark of Yahoo! of the United States.
- *Other company and product names in this news release are the trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective companies.