Feature4: Extensive line of accessories
Full line of accessories to expand the world of expression.
Compatibility has been maintained with GX100 accessories. You can use accessories such as the removable tilting Electronic Viewfinder with 100% field of view. Expandability is further heightened with the addition of a newly developed telephoto conversion lens and automatic hinged lens cap. The GX200 is a compact camera functionally complete in itself. But used with accessories, it becomes a system camera that expands the range of expression. Merging those strengths creates an ingenious camera system.
Wide/telephoto conversion lens that enables a greater variety of expressions.
Attach the high quality conversion lens (DW-6) to achieve 19mm ultra wide-angle for sharpness and intensity of wide-angle photography. This lets you enjoy more impressive expressions including landscapes employing a wide lens angle and portraits with heightened perspective. Furthermore, a 135mm focal length is covered at the telephoto end with the telephoto lens (TC-1) attached. Just the right amount of blur and the compression effect that reduces the sense of distance between subject and background enables eye-catching expression.
- *DW-6 and TC-1 are sold separately.
- *While a wide conversion lens or telephoto conversion lens is attached, the internal flash can't be used because vignetting may occur.
- *Vignetting may occur on part of the image if the zoom position is other than at telephoto end when while the telephoto conversion lens is attached.
Auto open/close lens cap supports rapid-response shooting.
A new optional lens cap has been developed. Utilizing hinges, it opens and closes automatically with the extension and retraction of the lens. Without touching the lens cap, the GX200 responds instantly to sudden shutter opportunities by just turning on the power. Protect the lens with a lens cap that can't be lost or forgotten.
Other main functions.
- Three types of light metering (multi, center weighted, and spot) help create expressive shadows.
- Extensive scene modes (movie, portrait, sports, landscape, nightscape, text, skew correction, and zoom macro).
- An ADJ lever used to seamlessly call up, make, and confirm function settings
- A special rechargeable battery can take up to about 350 pictures (based on CIPA standards).
- AAA batteries and an AC adaptor (option) can also be used.