CX6 Major Specifications
|Effective pixels||Approximately 10.00 million|
|Image sensor||1/2.3-inch CMOS sensor (total pixels: approx. 10.60 million)|
|Lens||Focal length||f=4.9-52.5 mm (Equivalent to 28-300 mm on a 35 mm film cameras. With step zoom set, option of 8 fixed lengths: 28 mm, 35 mm, 50 mm, 85 mm, 105 mm, 135 mm, 200 mm, and 300 mm.)|
|F-aperture||F3.5 (wide-angle) – F5.6 (telephoto)|
distance (from front of lens)
Normal shooting: Approx. 30 cm - infinity (wide-angle), approx. 1.5 m – infinity (telephoto)
Macro shooting: Approx. 1 cm - infinity (wide-angle), approx. 28 cm - infinity (telephoto), approx. 1 cm - infinity (zoom macro)
|Construction||10 elements in 7 groups (4 aspherical lens elements with 5 surfaces)|
Optical zoom: 10.7x (Equivalent to 28-300 mm on a 35 mm film cameras.)
Super-resolution zoom: 2.0x, up to 21.4x (equivalent to 600 mm) when used with optical zoom
Digital zoom: 4.8x, up to 103x (equivalent to 2880 mm) when used with optical zoom and super-resolution zoom
Auto resize zoom: 5.7x*1, up to 61.0x*1 (equivalent to 1710 mm) when used with optical zoom
|Focus mode||Multi AF / Spot AF / Face-priority Multi AF (contrast AF method, with AF auxiliary light) / Subject-tracking AF / Multi-target AF (contrast AF method) / Manual Focus / Snap / ∞ (fixed-focus method)|
|Image stabilizer||Image sensor shift method image stabilizer|
|Shutter speed||Still Image*2||8, 4, 2, 1 - 1/2000 sec.|
|Movie||1/30 – 1/2000 sec.|
|Continuous shooting||Continuous shooting speed *3||Approx. 5 frames/sec. (when shooting 10M 4:3F, the speed from the 12th shot on is 3 frames/sec.)|
|Continuous shooting capacity||999 pictures|
|Exposure control||Exposure metering mode||Multi (256-segment) / Center-weighted Light Metering / Spot Metering|
|Exposure mode||Program AE / Aperture priority AE / Shutter speed priority AE|
|Exposure compensation||Manual (-2.0 to +2.0 EV in increments of 1/3 EV) / Auto Bracketing (-0.5 EV, ±0, +0.5 EV)|
|Exposure range (auto mode, center-weighted metering)||
Wide-angle: 3.2 – 16.2 EV, Telephoto: 4.6 – 18.4 EV
(Exposure range for auto ISO calculated using EV for ISO 100.)
|Note: At 6.0 EV or lower, each drop of 1.0 EV is associated with a 0.5 EV drop in brightness. Brightness drops by no more than –1.0 EV.|
|ISO sensitivity (standard output sensitivity)||Auto / ISO 100 / ISO 200 / ISO 400 / ISO 800 / ISO 1600 / ISO 3200|
|White balance||Auto / Multi-pattern Auto / Outdoors / Cloudy / Incandescent 1 / Incandescent 2 / Fluorescent / Manual, White balance bracket function|
|Flash||Flash mode||Auto, Anti Red-eye, Flash On, Flash Synchro, Flash Off|
|Flash range||Approx. 20 cm – 4.0 m (wide-angle), approx. 28 cm – 3.0 m (telephoto) (Auto ISO with maximum ISO of 1600; measured from front of lens.)|
|Flash compensation||±2.0 EV in 1/3 EV steps|
|Monitor||3.0-inch transparent LCD (approx. 1.23 million dots)|
|Shooting mode||Still Image||Auto / My Settings / Aperture/Shutter-Speed Priority / Continuous / Creative Shooting (Dynamic Range Double Shot, Miniaturize, Bleach Bypass, High Contrast B&W, Soft Focus, Cross Process, Toy Camera) / Scene (Portrait, Landscape, Discreet, Night Portrait, Night Landscape Multi-shot, Fireworks, Cooking, Sports, Pets, Golf Swing Continuous, Zoom Macro, Skew Correct, Text) / Scene Auto|
|Movie||Movie / Snap Movie|
|Picture quality *4||F (Fine) / N (Normal)|
|No. of Pixels Recorded||Still Image/Multi-Picture||3648 x 2736, 3648 x 2432, 2736 x 2736, 3648 x 2048, 2592 x 1944, 2048 x 1536, 1728 x 1296 (multi-picture only), 1280 x 960, 640 x 480|
|Text||3648 x 2736, 2048 x 1536|
|Movie||1280 x 720, 640 x 480|
|Recording Media||SD memory card, SDHC memory card (up to 32 GB), Internal memory (approx. 40 MB)
Eye-Fi card (X2 series) *5
|Recording File Format||Still Image||JPEG (Exif ver. 2.3) *6|
|Multi-picture||CIPA DC-007-2009 Multi-Picture Format|
|Movie||AVI (Open DML Motion JPEG Format compliant)|
|Compression method||JPEG Baseline method compliant|
|Other Major Shooting Functions||Still Image/Multi-Picture/Text||Continuous mode, Self-timer (operation time: approx. 10 seconds, approx. 2 seconds, Custom), Interval shooting (shooting interval: 5 seconds to 1 hour, in increments of 5 seconds), Color bracket, Focus bracket|
|Movie||Optical zoom, Stereo sound, Shoot with splitting (available number of split point: up to 10 points)|
|Display||AE/AF target shift, Histogram display, Zoom assist display, Grid guide display, Electronic level|
|Other Major Playback Functions||Still Image/Multi-Picture/Text||Thumbnail view, Enlarged view (maximum ×16), Resize, Level Compensation, White Balance Compensation, Skew Correction, Trim, Flag Function (the display order option is available), Slide show, DPOF|
|Movie||Split Movie, Flag Function (the display order option is available)|
USB/AV Out dual terminal: USB 2.0 compliant, mass storage compatible*7
HDMI Micro output terminal: Type D
|Video Signal Format||NTSC, PAL|
|Power Supply||Rechargeable Battery (DB-100) x 1|
|Battery Consumption *8||Using the DB-100, approx. 260 pictures (when Sleep is OFF*9)|
|Dimensions (W × H × D)||103.9 mm x 58.9 mm x 28.5 mm (23.1 mm at thinnest part)|
Approx. 201 g (including the supplied battery and SD memory card)
Approx. 180 g (body only)
|Operating temperature||0°C to 40°C|
- *1VGA image size
- *2Shutter speed upper and lower limits vary depending on Shooting Mode and Flash Mode.
- *3Values measured under Ricoh measurement conditions using a Panasonic PRO HIGH SPEED 8GB SDHC memory card. The continuous shooting speed and number of pictures will vary depending on the shooting conditions, the type of recording media used, the condition of the recording media, etc.
- *4The picture quality modes which can be set vary depending on the image size.
- *5Eye-Fi cards are approved for use in the country of purchase only. For more information on Eye-Fi cards, visit the Eye-Fi webpage http://www.eyefi.co.jp).
- *6Compatible with DCF and DPOF. DCF is the abbreviation of the JEITA standard “Design rule for Camera File system.” (Full compatibility with other devices is not guaranteed.)
- *7Mass storage driver is compatible with Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, Windows® 7, Mac OS X 10.1.2-10.6.7.
- *8Shooting capacity was measured using CIPA-standard parameters. These are only estimates; performance may vary depending on usage conditions.
- *9When Sleep is 10 seconds, the number is approximately 300 pictures.
- *To playback MP files and output still images from MP files on a Macintosh PC, please use the enclosed VM-1 Macintosh software for viewing MP files (compatible OS: Mac OS X 10.4-10.6.7).
CX6 System Requirements
Windows® XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 / Professional Service Pack 3
Windows Vista® Service Pack 2
Windows® 7 32bit / 64bit
®IV : 1.6GHz or more,
Pentium ®M : 1.4GHz or more,
Core™2Duo : 1.5GHz or faster
Windows® XP : 512MB or more
Windows Vista® / Windows® 7: 1GB or more
Available disk space on hard drive
at installation time
|300MB or more|
|Display Resolution||1024 x 768 dots or greater|
|Display Colors||65000 colors or greater|
|CD-ROM Drive||A CD-ROM drive compatible with the above-mentioned computer|
|USB Port||A USB port compatible with the above-mentioned computer|
- *When the CX6 is connected to a PC, only a USB connection can be used. Serial connection is not supported.
- *It is necessary for the above OS to be preinstalled and for the USB port to be standard equipment.
- *64-bit operating systems, Windows® XP and Windows Vista® are not supported.
- *The CX6 is compatible with Mac OS X 10.4-10.6.7 by mass storage connection.
SD Memory Card Storage Capacity
(Number of Images and Time)
(other than Golf Swing Continuous Mode, Text Mode)
(AF Continous Shoot, Continuous Mode)
|(When [Focus] is set to [Multi-trgt AF])||10M 4:3F||10||238||484||950||1942||3891||7805|
|M-Cont Plus(10M)||10M 4:3N||17||411||830||1631||3333||6678||13396|
|M-Cont Plus(2M)||2M 4:3N||57||1372||2792||5484||11211||22460||45056|
|Speed Cont||VGA 4:3N||254||6043||12288||24129||49319||98801||198192|
- *The maximum recording time is the estimated total recording time. Movies may be up to 4 GB in size. The maximum length is 12 minutes for movies recorded at a [Movie Size] of [HD 1280] and 29 minutes for movies recorded at [VGA 640].
- *A Speed Class 6 memory card is recommended when recording movies with [HD 1280] selected for [Movie Size].
- *The maximum number of consecutive shots that can be taken using continuous mode is 999. When the number of remaining shots is 1000 or more, “999” is displayed on the picture display.
- *The maximum numbers of shots for M-Cont Plus (2M)/M-Cont Plus (10M) and Speed Cont are the estimated total numbers of shots that can be recorded. The maximum number of shots that can be taken consecutively at one time is 26 for M-Cont Plus (2M) and 15 for M-Cont Plus (10M) and 120 for Speed Cont.
- *The maximum number of shots for Golf Swing Continuous Mode is the estimated total number of shots that can be recorded. The maximum number of shots that can be taken consecutively at one time is 26 for Golf Swing Continuous Mode.
- *The maximum number of shots for Multi-trgt AF is the estimated total number of shots that can be recorded. The number of shots that can be recorded at one time is five. When the number of remaining shots is 9999 or more, “9999” is displayed on the picture display.
- *The number of remaining shots displayed on the picture display may differ from the actual number of shots, depending on the subject.
- *Movie recording time and the maximum number of still pictures may vary depending on the capacity of the recording destination (internal memory or SD memory card), shooting conditions, and the type and manufacturer of the SD memory card.
- *Choose image size according to how the picture will be used: