Creativity:High magnification 10.7x optical wide-angle zoom
Shoot freely from wide-angle to telephoto. 28-300 mm 10.7x optical zoom
Ricoh's original retracting lens system made it possible to fit the newly developed high magnification 10.7x optical wide-angle zoom lens into a 29.4 mm thin body that is both easy to carry and easy to operate. With 28 mm wide-angle to 300 mm telephoto coverage, this zoom lens can handle a wide range of shooting situations, including powerful telephoto shots as well as wide-angle shooting of both expansive landscapes and interior scenes with limited distance between camera and subject. The more you use this camera, the more inspiration, joy, and surprise you will discover in scenes until now hidden in the everyday world.
Retracting lens system
Ricoh's original retracting lens system made it possible to fit a 10.7x optical zoom lens in a thin 29.4 mm compact body.
- *Original Ricoh technology in which the lens can fit in a small space because part of it swings in a pendulum-like movement.
Easily select the desired zoom position.
Step zoom and auto resize zoom
The step zoom function enables you to fix the optical zoom magnification at eight steps (28 mm, 35 mm, 50 mm, 85 mm, 105 mm, 135 mm, 200 mm, and 300 mm equivalent). For a zoom range beyond the 10.7x optical zoom (300 mm), the auto resize zoom takes you to a maximum of 57.8x (1,620 mm equivalent) * in five steps (recorded image resized to 7M, 5M, 3M, 1M, VGA). Extracting and recording the desired portion of the image shot, auto resize zoom does not degrade image quality like digital zoom, which records the image after magnifying a portion of it up to a designated size.
- *Image size VGA (recorded pixels: 640x480)
- *Auto resize zoom only operates when [Picture Quality/Size] is set to 3465 x 2592.
Don't let that scene get away.
Enhanced high-speed continuous shooting functions
Many discoveries await in a world unseen by the naked eye. To make those discoveries, the CX2 has even better high-speed continuous shooting functions. With speeds from 5 frames/sec. to ultra-high-speed 120 frames/sec., you will catch the moment.
Beautiful continuous shooting High-speed continuous shooting of approx. 5 frames/sec. at maximum pixels.
Continuous shooting mode's high-speed shooting functions have been enhanced. Still images at maximum pixels (9M) can now be shot continuously at about 5 frames/sec.
- *Continuous shooting speed will vary depending on shooting conditions, card type, card condition, etc.
Don't miss your target
M-continuous plus (9M/2M)
For the M-continuous plus shooting function, which saves consecutive images shot before the finger is removed from the shutter release button, a mode has been added that makes it possible to shoot at the maximum number of pixels (9M). To fit the scene being photographed, you can select from two modes: M-Continuous Plus (9M) for 15 images (5 frames/sec.) taken in about three seconds and M-Continuous Plus (2M) for 30 images (30 frames/sec.) taken in about one second. Shooting continuously, you are ready when the decisive moment finally arrives.
- *M-Continuous Plus (9M) image size is fixed at N3456 (9M).
- *M-Continuous Plus (2M) image size is fixed at N1728 (2M).
- *The consecutively shot images are recorded as a single MP file (a file format with multiple still images in a single file). With MP file images recorded by the CX2, a selected frame can be extracted and saved as an individual JPEG image within the camera.
Continuous shooting at overwhelming speed 120 frame/sec.
ultra-high-speed continuous shooting.
With ultra-high-speed continuous shooting, the CX2 shoots 120 images (120 frames/sec.) during an interval of about one second after the shutter release button is pushed, or 120 images (60 frames/sec.) during an interval of about two seconds.
- *Image size is fixed at N640 (VGA)
- *The consecutively shot images are recorded as a single MP file (a file format with multiple still images in a single file). With MP file images recorded by the CX2, a selected frame can be extracted and saved as an individual JPEG image within the camera
Instantaneous response to catch the moment, again and again.
Enhanced AF performance
New Pre-AF and Continuous AF functions have been added. With quick and accurate subject focusing, CX2 auto focus is ready for those fleeting shutter chances.
The camera detects the optimum focus position by shifting the focus to follow subject movement even when the shutter release button is not half-pressed. Since the AF operates to match subject movement, it is possible to shoot quickly when the shutter release button is pressed.
If subject movement is detected while the shutter release button is half-pressed, the camera automatically adjusts the focus to match subject movement. This is effective for scenes where focusing was difficult in the past, such as macro shooting of flowers swaying in the breeze.