Products:Energy Conservation / Prevention of Global Warming
–Release of energy-saving and user-friendly projectors–
For the first time in the world, electricity consumption in network standby mode is less than 1 W! Release of short focus projectors, “RICOH PJ WX3340N/X3340N/WX4240N/X4240N”
- Japan/Ricoh Co., Ltd.
“RICOH PJ WX3340N/X3340N/WX4240N/X4240N,” released in January 2013, are data projectors that drastically save energy, have excellent user-friendly functions, and support both wired and wireless LAN. Thanks to SoC*1, which we have uniquely developed, unnecessary electricity use can completely be cut in network standby mode. This mechanism allowed for first time in the world, projectors to put out less than 1 W of electricity consumption in network standby mode*2. This level of electricity consumption has already met the standard in the third stage of implementation (2019), which is the strictest regulation in the “Network Standby Regulation” contained in the European Directive ErP (Energy related Products)*3.
In addition, the projectors reduce light intensity by 70% (compared with conventional projectors) with no signal input, and compensate for illuminance while detecting the brilliance of the room light or projected images. These functions drastically reduce electricity consumption during operation.
Furthermore, “RICOH PJ WX3340N/X3340N/WX4240N/X4240N” all have excellent user-friendly functions. The front side, on which the lens is mounted, is equipped with connectors and the exhaust slot. This configuration does not cause problems such as too many cables getting in the way or hot air blowing from the projector onto people at the table. These projectors have evolved the concept of “user-friendliness and energy conservation,” thus creating new work styles.
- *1Abbreviation of a System-on-a-Chip, which is an integrated semiconductor that integrates the CPU and peripheral circuits into a single chip.
- *2According to an investigation by Ricoh.
- *3This is the world’s first regulation of energy-related products that requires eco-design to be applied to the entire lifecycle, from raw materials collection to disposal. Regulations for electricity consumption in network standby mode, which is one of the regulation’s requirements, will become more strict in 2015 (6 W), 2017 (3 W), and 2019 (2 W) in a phased manner.
Concrete examples of energy conservation and user-friendliness
Thanks to SoC*, which we uniquely developed, electricity consumption in network standby mode is less than1 W!
In the past, it was impossible to cut electricity to an entire device while in network standby mode. However, thanks to SoC*, which we have uniquely developed, electricity (other than electricity used for monitoring signals from external devices) can be completely cut in network standby mode. A super short focus projector, “RICOH PJ WX4130N,” which was released in January 2012, achieves less than 1 W of electricity consumption while in network (wired LAN) standby mode.
- *Abbreviation of a System-on-a-Chip, which is an integrated semiconductor that integrates the CPU and peripheral circuits into a single chip.
The connectors and the exhaust slot are front-mounted for comfortable meetings.
The front side, on which the lens is mounted, is equipped with connectors such as for an RGB cable. This configuration avoids the need for many cables to be randomly routed on the table. Also, the exhaust slot is mounted on the front side. This configuration prevents hot air from being blown towards people at the table, thus sparing them from discomfort.
- Vision and Strategies
- Basis for Sustainable Environmental Management
- Environmental Technologies
- Business Sites
- Global News / History
- Sustainability Report
- Contact Us
Select Your Language
Jump to "Environment" top of the selected language.