Integrity in Corporate Activities
- Corporate Governance
- Risk Management and Compliance
- RICOH Quality
- Maintenance Services
- Human-friendly Products and Services
- CSR throughout Our Supply Chain
- Building New Sustainable Bases
The Ricoh Group strives to enhance corporate governance in order to retain the confidence of all stakeholders
The Ricoh Group has established the RICOH Way, a set of guiding principles and values that serves as a foundation for its business activities. Abiding by these principles in corporate ethics and legal compliance and maintaining adequate transparency in corporate management, the group strives to continuously improve its corporate governance system, through which it ultimately aims to enhance its competitiveness.
In the Ricoh Group, we strongly believe that in global corporate activities, a corporate culture that embraces both a sense of mission to meet expectations of diverse stakeholders and a lofty sense of ethics that remain in line with the common sense values of society provides us with discipline to guide our actions. Based on this belief, we maintain and improve our corporate culture under the RICOH Way.
According to this concept, the Ricoh Group is committed to enhance and promote the corporate governance system while working hard to achieve sustainable business growth and increase corporate values.
The Ricoh Group has also introduced the corporate audit system, in which corporate auditors improve effectiveness of audits and monitoring functions of top management while the board of directors, including outside directors, strengthens oversight functions so that transparency in corporate management and fair decision-making is maintained. Furthermore, by expanding the executive officer system, the segregation of duties between oversight and business execution is better clarified, which results in speedier decision-making.
The Group also implements the integrated risk management system for uncertainty related to both business opportunities and to the execution of business operations, while building and utilizing an internal control procedure for the purpose of making its own strategies and business targets more functional and achieving them.
- The Ricoh Group has introduced the corporate audit system.
- The board of directors is responsible for management oversight and important decision-making concerning Group management. By appointing highly independent outside directors, the Group ensures transparency in management and its decision-making.
- Two of its 11 directors are outside directors. In addition to heeding various views and opinions, the Group aims to eliminate arbitrary decision-making in management.
- To ensure clear separation between management oversight and business execution, the internal regulations stipulate that the chairman of the company serves as the chair of the board of directors.
- The board of corporate auditors makes decisions on the direction of audits and the assignment of duties through discussions and it monitors corporate management.
- Corporate auditors attend all important meetings, including board meetings, and exchange information regularly with the representative director.
- In order to ensure that the corporate auditors can work effectively, the Corporate Auditor Office with designated support staff has been established.
- Under the executive officer system, the authority to execute business has been assigned to the respective execution departments in order to expedite decision-making and clarify the role of each department.