1. Using "ZoomSight"
Environment then click on the startup button
shown on the left.
When the security warning shown
in the left diagram appears during
installing, please confirm the
warning message. If you are sure
to install, please click the [Install]
Before using "ZoomSight" for the first time, you need to install it to your local machine which will take a few minutes. Hereafter, you can immediately use it. The size of installation files of "ZoomSight" is about 4MB. You must have Administrator or PowerUser privilege before installing "ZoomSight".
2. Features of "ZoomSight"
You can adjust the size of texts and pictures from 50% to 300%.
|Normal (100%)||Enlarged screen (150%)|
You can change the display color to "Black on White", "White on Black" and "Invert
|Black on White||White on Black||Invert Color|
"ZoomSight" will read out web pages using synthetic speech engine.
|Supported Browsers||Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2, 6.0, 7.0|
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP|
Cookies are enabled.
Execution of Signed ActiveX Controls is enabled.
|PC CPU||Pentium(R)II 400 MHz or higher|
|PC Memory||128MB or higher|
|PC Hard Drive||At least 10MB of available hard-disk space|
|PC Monitor Display||The display resolution of 800*600 pixels or higher (1024*768 pixels or higher is recommended), and the color resolution of 256 colors or more|
How to display Operation Guide (Help) page
Method to enable Cookies
Method to enable Download and Execution of Signed ActiveX Controls
4. Operation Guide (Help)
You can open the Operation Guide (Help) page from the [Help] button on the control panel. Move the mouse (pointer) over the [Help] button and click it. The Operation Guide (Help) page will open.
When the browser with "ZoomSight" is selected, you can also open Operation
Guide (Help) page using a keyboard.
|Input key||Corresponding button name||Remark|
|[Help] button||Press these composite keys, and the Operation Guide (Help) page will open.|
*Use the mouse for "zoomsight" operations.
•The following situations may cause part or all of the "ZoomSight" functions invalid.
• HTML containing Adobe Flash, JavaApplet, and so on.
• File formats other than HTML, such as PDF, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
("ZoomSight" supports PDF files only for "Text-To-Speech" function)
• Tag elements which display line breaks and whitespaces as written in the original text, such as the "pre" element.
• If you are using Internet Explorer 6.0 or 7.0, the following cases may happen:
• Display positions of some elements may shift.
• When using the "Text-To-Speech" function on a page containing sound file, it may not read out correctly.
• "Text-To-Speech" function may not correctly read out some words such as names of people and places, and technical terms.
• When you are using the "Text-To-Speech" function, shortcut key operations or termination of Internet Explorer may be inactive.
Quit the "Text-To-Speech" function using the mouse before performing Internet Explorer operations.
• "Pronunciation Guide" function may not correctly add a pronunciation (Ruby) to some words such as names of people and places, and technical terms.
• A processing result of the "Text-To-Speech" function may be inconsistent with that of the "Pronunciation Guide" function.
• "ZoomSight" may not start up anew or "ZoomSight" and Internet Explorer may become unstable when "ZoomSight" is running on multiple browser windows or tabs.
• When a PDF file is displayed, keyboard operation of "ZoomSight" is disabled.
Use the mouse for "ZoomSight" operations.
• When you control Internet Explorer using mouse or keyboard while displaying PDF file;for example, clicking "back" button while displaying PDF file,Adobe Reader or "ZoomSight" may become unstable, or the PDF file may become temporarily unavailable.
• When you are using the "Text-To-Speech" function, some "ZoomSight" and Internet Explorer operations may become unavailable, depending on the Internet Explorer operation.
Select a window other than Internet Explorer, and then select Internet Explorer for which you were running the "Text-To-Speech" function. You can then continue operations.
- •Service Conditions
- • You may not copy, incorporate into or with other software, distribute or transmit this software or its components.
- • You may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or adapt this software or its components. • You may not sublicense, re-license, rent, or lease this software or its components.
- • All services provided on this website for this software and its components are aimed to be used only within Japan. In order to handle this software corresponding to the following matters, you must take the necessary procedures after complying to the restrictions under Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Law of Japan and any other export control laws and regulations of foreign countries involved.
- • Export.
- • Carry out to foreign countries.
- • Provide or allow the usage of this software to nonresidents.
- • Other regulations under Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Law of Japan and any other export control laws and regulations of foreign countries involved.
- • Product specifications are subject to change without notice due to continual improvements. •
- • Our website as well as the developer and the supplier of this software and its components will not indemnify and not be liable for any direct or indirect damages and losses arising out of the use of the software, the render of service using the software, or any other reasons. Moreover, you are liable for any disputes with the third party, and any damages and losses to the third party arising out of your action.
- •Explanation of Trademark
- • ZoomSight is the registered trade mark of Hitachi Government & Public Corporation System Engineering, Ltd. in Japan.
- • Microsoft, Windows, Windows Server and ActiveX are the registered trade marks of Microsoft Corporation in America and other countries.
- • Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel are the trade names of Microsoft Corporation.
- • Adobe, Adobe Reader and Adobe Flash are the registered trade marks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in America and other countries.
- • The names published in our website are abbreviated as follows:
• WindowsR 98 abbreviated as Windows 98.
• WindowsR Me abbreviated as Windows Me.
• WindowsR 2000 abbreviated as Windows 2000.
• Windows ServerR 2003 abbreviated as Windows Server 2003.
• WindowsR XP abbreviated as Windows XP.
• MicrosoftR Internet ExplorerR abbreviated as Internet Explorer.
• ActiveXR abbreviated as ActiveX.
• AdobeR abbreviated as Adobe.
• AdobeR ReaderR abbreviated as Adobe Reader.
• AdobeR FlashR abbreviated as Adobe Flash.