The Ricoh Group aims for continuous improvement based on the values embodied in The RICOH Way.
That includes operating an internal control system designed to strengthen competitiveness while maintaining transparency based on principles of corporate ethics and legal compliance. Ricoh has established the Ricoh Group Corporate Management Principles as a set of guidelines for corporate activities, and follows the Internal Control Principles included therein.
- The Ricoh Group established the Group Management Committee (GMC) to oversee the Group's overall business operations and to enable quick analysis and decision-making from the perspective of the best result for the Group as a whole.
- The Internal Control Committee was established within the GMC to determine action policies, report incidents, and evaluate and correct the control system regarding internal controls, risk management and compliance in particular.
- Corporate Management Regulations for Ricoh Affiliates stipulate the establishment of a supervising organization to oversee risk at all Ricoh Group companies.
- Ricoh has established a set of common rules that must be followed - the Ricoh Group Standards (RGS) - and ensures adherence to these rules across the Group.
- Ricoh has developed a basic disclosure policy to ensure that the corporate information it releases is accurate, timely and comprehensive, and set up the Disclosure Committee, an independent body charged with verifying the process, to prepare the information to be disclosed.
- Integrated internal audits (U.S. Sarbanes-Oxley Act audit, financial audit, operational audit, etc.) are conducted to ensure the reliability of our financial reports, improve operational efficiency, confirm compliance to laws and regulations, and to confirm that risk management measures are being implemented properly.
- The Ricoh Group has deployed its own Fraud Risk Management (FRM) program that includes a check for fraud risk. We have adopted a check sheet and use tools to detect anomalies within large volumes of data in the integrated internal audit.